Mozilla enabled ads in Firefox and they're active in Fedora

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Nov 18 21:22:05 UTC 2014

Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> Why do you claim that? What requirements do you think we must provide
> for in our default browser that other browser we have packages for
> don't meet? I find Midori reasonable on x86_64. There is currently an
> i686 problem because a library it uses is compiled with an incorrect
> architecure (it uses instructions that aren't supported on hardware
> Fedora is upposed to support). So I have problems with it on i686, but
> this isn't directly a Midori problem. Seamonkey seems pretty reasonable
> as well.

That's a webkitgtk issue, look at how we handle this in QtWebKit.

(You have to build the library twice, as /usr/lib/libwebkitgtk* with the
WebKit JIT disabled and as /usr/lib/sse2/libwebkitgtk* with the JIT enabled.
The WebKit JavaScript JIT requires SSE2. The interpreter works fine without
it.)

        Kevin Kofler