Mozilla enabled ads in Firefox and they're active in Fedora

Lukas Zapletal lzap at redhat.com
Wed Nov 19 11:19:21 UTC 2014

> What does the community think of it? Is it okay for our flagship
> applications to carry ads and report tracking data?

Can't we let the user to decide during the firstboot or Firefox first
startup?

Since browsers already do the opt-out, we could do the same. This global
OS setting would then apply on all apps. I believe there will be more
than just the Firefox case soon.

I will always vote to opt-out, but there are maybe users who do not
care. It's even worse. I know people who *want* to see advertisments. To
us this sounds like extreme, but let's admit it - we are biased a bit.

--
Later,
 Lukas #lzap Zapletal