remove git-bzr from rawhide?

Alexey I. Froloff raorn at raorn.name
Thu Nov 20 13:08:28 UTC 2014

On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 10:57:36AM +0100, Petr Stodulka wrote:
> I think about removal of git-bzr package in rawhide, which is actualy
> non-functional - contains only file with warning message
> about replacement by git-remote-bzr package - which actualy replace git-bzr
> in f21 too. Are you OK with it? I didn't remove any
> package earlier, but after short discussion I want to remove it from
> specfile of git only and add Provides/Obsoletes
> into the git-remote-bzr. Is there anything else what should I do? Or do you
> think someone that should be still kept?
I was surprised (in a bad way), when git remote update instead
showed me big warning and did nothing.  Doing dnf upgrade did
nothing, executing commands from git-bzr warning also did nothing
(because /usr/libexec/git-core have preference over $PATH).  And
only after that I've found git-remote-bzr package...

So, I think non-functional git-bzr must be removed and
appropriate Provides/Obsoletes must be add in all branches.  If
someone thinks, that git-bzr must be present for some reason,
better make it empty and require git-remote-bzr.

--
Regards,    --
Sir Raorn.   --- https://plus.google.com/+AlexeyFroloff