Mozilla enabled ads in Firefox and they're active in Fedora

Matěj Cepl mcepl at cepl.eu
Thu Nov 20 16:04:12 UTC 2014

On 2014-11-20, 14:28 GMT, Petr Viktorin wrote:
> Ads are a feature that only benefits the upstream and the companies that
> pay for the ads. From my (user's) perspective, there is no reason to
> have them on my system. There is no benefit to me from this feature.

Sorry, I have to ask here the obvious question: how much did you
pay for Firefox? How much do you think it costs to develop
Firefox and to keep up with the Google’s endless pockets? Do you
have some better solution for Mozilla to resolve this
difference? I am quite sure your genial idea making couple of
hundred million USD per year for them without any ads would be
very welcome. Unfortunately, that communism thing somehow didn’t
work ... it would be lovely if it did.

Best,

Matěj