[Scitech] Fedora scientific packaging

Dave Love d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
Fri Nov 21 23:07:12 UTC 2014

Sandro Mani <manisandro at gmail.com> writes:

> That said, there is now a github repo which contains the
> work-in-progress stuff for packaging Salome (and some initial OpenFOAM
> work) here [2]. People interested in joining these efforts or sharing
> initial work on other scientific packages are very welcome to join the
> github project.

For what it's worth, there's an OpenFOAM package installing into /opt
under <http://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/loveshack/livhpc/> which is
OK for people who need it on HPC systems.  I don't know whether it would
satisfy packaging requirements simply to move it under MPI_HOME
wholesale.  Possibly relevant to Salome, I have an unpublished package
of code_saturne, but I had trouble getting it working with multiple
MPIs.