Are we rebasing xorg-x11 packages in F20?

Petr Ĺ abata contyk at redhat.com
Tue Nov 25 09:43:23 UTC 2014

On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 10:26:43AM +0100, drago01 wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 9:14 AM, Lukas Zapletal <lzap at redhat.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > my desktop was completely broken this morning because my startup scripts
> > rely on xrandr utility. An older update from this summer which I applied
> > recently changed it's output so device ids now contain dash characters
> > (e.g. instead VGA0 I see VGA-1).
>
> Which desktop are you using? You shouldn't have to mess with startup
> scripts that call xrandr to get a monitor setup working.

We have plenty of simple window managers in Fedora.  These
generally don't do things like monitor setup for you.

Anyhow, I hit the same thing this morning, with LVDS1 changing
to LVDS-0, HDMI3 to HDMI-2 and VGA1 to VGA-0.  This was on an
Intel adapter.

It's not a big deal, however, it was rather unexpected in the
middle of a stable release...