Best way to use zram in Fedora 21?

Juan Orti juan.orti at miceliux.com
Tue Nov 25 20:03:20 UTC 2014

Hi, I know how to manually configure the zram, but what's the best way
to do it?

I've seen the unit zram.service of anaconda-core, and it gets activated
when booting with inst.zram=on, but it looks like very anaconda-centric.

Should something like [1] be packaged and included in the distro? or
maybe we should spin off the anaconda zram.service and do it more
generic.

I think this is a very interesting feature for memory constrained VMs
and other devices.

[1] https://github.com/mystilleef/FedoraZram