Entire process's environment attached to bugzillas by ABRT

Jakub Filak jfilak at redhat.com
Fri Nov 28 06:15:11 UTC 2014

On Thu, 2014-11-27 at 19:02 +0100, Jan Kratochvil wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Nov 2014 16:23:57 +0100, Jakub Filak wrote:
> > Do you find 'environ' attachment valuable or is ABRT just publishing personal
> > information?
>
> No but I can imagine in some cases it may be useful.
>
> Couldn't there be a way to send additional information upon bug assignee's
> request?  That would be typically useful with the core files but reporters
> always said they cannot find the core file anywhere.

Yes, but it is not trivial to implement.

I did the first step and opened the following pull request:
https://github.com/abrt/gnome-abrt/pull/95

The patch enables users to filter problems by Bugzilla ID in gnome-abrt.
So you can ask the report to write Bugzilla ID to the search field in
gnome-abrt and it should show him the original ABRT problem. 'coredump'
is stored in $DATA_DIRECTORY and the path to $DATA_DIRECTORY can be
found under "Details" (bottom-right corner).

Jakub