Fedora 21 Final RC1 dual boot

Christopher ctubbsii-fedora at apache.org
Sun Nov 30 18:14:26 UTC 2014

I doubt it's a UEFI or SecureBoot problem... the Fedora Live USB I made
boots just fine. The UEFI setting is EFI-only (no legacy boot). I also
tried with and without SecureBoot, and had the same behavior.
(Interestingly, even with SecureBoot turned on, I did not have any issues
installing and booting Fedora if I removed all the existing partitions. I
didn't actually expect that to work and still not sure why it did.)

To be clear, the problem doesn't occur at boot time. Rather, Anaconda
appears to lock up before it begins creating the partitions I specified and
installing packages.

So, I'm willing to bet it's more of an Anaconda problem. I'm just not sure
how to even begin tracking it down. I had thought it may have something to
do with the extra recovery partitions, but the partitioning screen in
Anaconda seemed to detect the existing partitions just fine.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii