F21 Alpha Docker base image release

Lokesh Mandvekar lsm5 at switzerlandmail.ch
Wed Oct 1 15:16:50 UTC 2014

On Wed, Oct 01, 2014 at 09:56:32AM +0200, Václav Pavlín wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Dennis, could you please build Alpha base image with updated bash? (And
> probably also prepare F20 and Rawhide images so that we can really call the
> Fedora image official with all it's tags?)

Just to confirm, these 3 images should be 1 git repo with 3 (or more)
branches.

> We should probably also consider using Fedora Cloud SIG account on github to
> push these image to Docker Automated builds - it would probably look better
> then using Lokesh's account (no offence:) ).

lol, none taken :)

> The *interim* workflow for uploading official Fedora image to Docker Hub
> would be:
>
> 1. Download tar.gz and ks from Koji
> 2. Unpack
> 3. Compress layer.tar as xz
> 4. Upload Dockerfile, ks and *.tar.xz to Fedora Cloud SIG github repository
> (same as https://github.com/lsm5/docker-brew-fedora/tree/21)
> 5. Update
> https://github.com/docker-library/official-images/blob/master/library/fedora

LGTM. Btw, git (and not github) is a requirement, so fedorahosted will work
totally fine if that makes things more convenient.

> I agree with Matt we should ship what we have and follow up with Docker on
> enablement of import for our images (containing metadata) built in Koji.

+1

> Does this make sense to you? If there will be no objections, could we vote?
>
> Lokesh, would you like to continue to maintain the process of getting Fedora
> Docker base images to the audience?

I'm cool with continuing this, though I'm not sure where I'll fit once
rel-eng starts handling this. Let me know.

Also, with the official release, do we get an RHBZ component for docker image
too? Coz right now, there's no good place to report image bugs :\

Thanks,
--
Lokesh
Freenode, OFTC: lsm5