Dash as default shell

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 13:51:16 UTC 2014

Hi

On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 9:42 AM, Josh Boyer wrote:

> But the prompt for doing so is a security incident that has already
> been fixed.  If this was really a worthwhile endeavour, why hasn't it
> come up before?

Our needs continue to evolve.  We didn't consider size as much before but
there is a renewed focus in keeping the core small in part due to products
like Fedora Cloud.
The security issues brought up some related discussions elsewhere although
that isn't the key focus.  The size of dash is obviously much smaller. The
performance has been shown to be better.  It is already adopted by
Debian/Ubuntu for many years and I thought it might be worth considering
now regardless of the past.

Rahul