Proposal: Increasing application icon sizes to 64px

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Oct 2 14:47:08 UTC 2014

Am 02.10.2014 um 16:32 schrieb Richard Hughes:
> On 2 October 2014 15:17, Tim Lauridsen <tim.lauridsen at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I think that is a bad idea to exclude applications from a Software manager,
>> because they don't live up to some visual quality guidelines.
>
> There's actually a whole load of reasons why we'd blacklist
> applications: https://github.com/hughsie/appstream-glib#guidelines-for-applications
> for instance programs that identify themselves as "settings" or apps
> that haven't had an upstream release in 5 years

don't get me wrong but "haven't had an upstream release in 5 years"
is a silly reasoning - if an application works and has the feature
set it was intended to provide upstream needs to open the changelog
type there "to make some distribution clown happy", raise the version
number and the maintainer in the distribution too has useless work?