Retiring OpenShift v2 non-client packages from Fedora

Troy Dawson tdawson at redhat.com
Fri Oct 3 15:52:01 UTC 2014

OpenShift Origin release 4 no longer supports Fedora, only
RHEL/SL/CentOS. The reason is that the ruby in Fedora has progressed so
fast that it is no longer compatible with the code in OpenShift Origin.

There is currently no plans to update the current code in OpenShift
Origin to a newer ruby, instead efforts are being targeted towards
OpenShift v3. (Not to be confused with OpenShift Origin release 3.

http://origin.openshift.com/blog/openshift-v3-platform-combines-docker-kubernetes-atomic-and-more

WE had hoped to prolong OpenShift v2 in Fedora with SCL packages, but
that never worked out.

I will be removing all non-client OpenShift v2 packages from Fedora.
When it is considered stable enough, the OpenShift v3 packages will be
added into Fedora.  There is no current estimate for that.

Note: OpenShift client packages (rubygem-rhc and openshift-java-client)
will remain in Fedora.

This is the list of packages I plan to retire.

openshift-origin-broker
openshift-origin-broker-util
openshift-origin-cartridge-abstract
openshift-origin-cartridge-cron
openshift-origin-cartridge-diy
openshift-origin-cartridge-mongodb
openshift-origin-cartridge-mysql
openshift-origin-msg-common
openshift-origin-msg-node-mcollective
openshift-origin-node-proxy
openshift-origin-node-util
openshift-origin-port-proxy
openshift-origin-util
pam_openshift
rubygem-openshift-origin-auth-mongo
rubygem-openshift-origin-auth-remote-user
rubygem-openshift-origin-common
rubygem-openshift-origin-controller
rubygem-openshift-origin-dns-bind
rubygem-openshift-origin-dns-nsupdate
rubygem-openshift-origin-msg-broker-mcollective
rubygem-openshift-origin-node

I will also go through and make sure any pending review requests are
closed as well.

Please let me know if there are any questions.
Thanks
Troy Dawson