The Shimmer Project - Desktop Suites & GTK+ 3

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Fri Oct 3 16:55:22 UTC 2014

On Fri, 2014-10-03 at 22:20 +0530, Satyajit Sahoo wrote:
> They have completey rewritten Adwaita and integrated it into GTK. If
> they change it again, it'll be hard for them too. But let's hope for
> the best :D

Even better to just talk to 'them' - we are right here, and happy to
answer questions. It is hard to give your issues equal weight unless we
hear about them.

In terms of 'breaking it again', you should be aware of this change:

https://git.gnome.org/browse/gtk
+/commit/?id=4d9d655b4efe9fd23ad18449d3e45fb8cd4d9cf0

Themes will be css-only in 3.16.