How to handle upgrades to Fedora 21

Mike Pinkerton pselists at mindspring.com
Sat Oct 4 16:46:24 UTC 2014

On 3 Oct 2014, at 19:37, Ray Strode wrote:

> I'm not sure it's worth repainting the bikeshed at this point, but
> during the alluded-to discussion a few alternative names came up that
> would have been better than fedora-release-standard:
>
> 1) fedora-release-nonstandard
> 2) fedora-release-custom
> 3) fedora-release-diy
> 4) fedora-release-noncompliant

The "nonstandard" and "noncompliant" names seem a bit pejorative.

However, fedora-release-custom and fedora-release-diy (do-it-
yourself) and fedora-release-pyop (pick-your-own-packageset) and
fedora-release-byob (bring-your-own-blueprint)  all have similar
meanings to this US-English speaker, and all seem like reasonable
choices, although the last three might require a parenthetical
explanation for some folk.

Yes, Myrtle Green would make a nice color for the bike shed.

--
Mike Pinkerton