fedora-review: 'Illegal return' warnings

Alec Leamas leamas.alec at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 20:18:42 UTC 2014

On 2014-10-04 20:12, Antonio Trande wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> These warnings appear during a package review; apparently,
> fedora-review command completes all its tasks.
>
> WARNING: Illegal return from
> /usr/share/fedora-review/scripts/generic-excludearch.sh, code 82,
> output: stdout:None stderr:./review-env.sh: line 7: unset:
> `BASH_FUNC_module()': not a valid identifier

Hm.... seems that recent bash patch to fix the shellshock problem
introduces this. Fedora-review relies on exported shell functions
(export -f) and the bash fix changes the syntax for exported functions
in an incompatible way.

For now, this means that you should check these things manually:
- Nothing under /srv, /opt or /usr/local
- Package (or it's dependencies) is not known to require an ExcludeArch tag.
- Large data in /usr/share should live in a noarch subpackage.
- Large (or many) docs must go in a -doc subpackage.

Besides this, you can safely ignore these errors.

For fedora-review we need to evaluate what is reqiured to stay
compatible with bash after this Shellshock issue.

Cheers!

--alec