btrfs as default filesystem for F22?

Josef Bacik josef at toxicpanda.com
Sun Oct 5 13:50:01 UTC 2014

On Oct 2, 2014 11:32 PM, "Andre Robatino" <robatino at fedoraproject.org>
wrote:

> openSUSE 13.2, scheduled for release in November, will have btrfs as the
> default filesystem. What are the chances that F22 will follow suit,
assuming
> openSUSE has no major problems with it?
>
> https://news.opensuse.org/2014/09/22/

My plan is to push for F23, I'm still wrapping up some balance bugs and
some other issues we've found at work and then this will be my next
priority.  Suse benefits from having a narrow "supported" criteria, like
only use it with lots of space and don't use any of the RAID stuff, plus
they have two kernel guys on it and Dave Sterba who is now in charge of
btrfs-progs.  Fedora unfortunately has me who has Facebook work to do and
Eric who is a professional fs juggler. We will get there, and when we do it
will be less painful than its going to be for Suse since they will have
fixed it all for us ;).  Thanks,

Josef