btrfs as default filesystem for F22?

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at gnome.org
Sun Oct 5 15:20:18 UTC 2014

On Fri, 2014-10-03 at 08:42 +0200, Juan Orti Alcaine wrote:
> Anyway, I recommend using only the core features (snapshots, raid1,
> scrubs, balances, cp --reflink, etc...), because others have many
> quirks, like send/receive which get corrupted from time to time, raid
> 5/6 which is work in progress, or problems related to low free space.

FWIW: openSUSE has disabled very many btrfs features because they aren't
stable enough. [1]

FWIW: SUSE Linux Enterprise 12 will likely also be shipping with btrfs
as default later this year, unless they've changed their plans.

FWIW: openSUSE is actually using xfs for /home and btrfs only for
everything else.

Happy Sunday,

Michael

[1] http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2013-09/msg00029.html