How to handle upgrades to Fedora 21

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Mon Oct 6 07:18:03 UTC 2014

> Fedora officially only supports upgrades from a*fully-upgraded Fedora*
> to the next version, so we could work around this by adding a temporary
> explicit Requires: fedora-release-standard on the F20 fedora-release
> package, thereby forcing all upgrades to be non-productized. This is my
> recommended approach as it requires only a single change (the added
> Requires:) to fedora-release to make it work. The end-result of this

I tried the upgrade during weekend. And I tried to simulate this requires during upgrade.
The problem is that once you get fedora-release-standard, you will get other *-standard (e.g.
firewalld-config-standard) and there is no way to switch -workstation (or other product) unless you use 'rpm --nodeps',
which is pretty dirty hack.

If you use this Requires, then at the same time please provide users migration tool product2product. Or at least
standard2product.
--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCE, RHCDS