btrfs as default filesystem for F22?

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Mon Oct 6 12:45:15 UTC 2014

On 10/06/2014 02:29 PM, Gene Czarcinski wrote:

> Now, there is another question which has not been voiced: what is the
> "plan" for filessystems in Fedora (and by implication RHEL)?  Is it
> BTRFS?  Or, perhaps is it LVM with XFS?  IIRC, some time ago it was
> stated that the plan was to move to BTRFS.  It is not clear to me that
> everyone is onboard with that decision.  Or, perhaps that decision is
> being reconsidered.

Let me answer from the position of a mere user. It's not clear to me why
and when users should switch to BTRFS or xfs or else, nor am I not
interested in using anything which would potentially endanger existing
installations (So far, reports I am reading from openSUSE users don't
necessarily sound convincing).

In other words, you'd have to do a lot of marketing and convincing work
to persuade users to use BTRFS/xfs etc.

Ralf