No more deltarpms by default

Gerald B. Cox gbcox at bzb.us
Mon Oct 6 15:16:30 UTC 2014

On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 8:00 AM, drago01 <drago01 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am not convinced that "being fast" and "download less" are mutually
> exclusive when using deltas. So we should keep deltas *and* make them
> faster.

Exactly.  The fact that some users have more bandwidth means exactly what?
Most people also have faster processors and disks now.  It is more
efficient from a networking perspective to minimize unnecessary traffic and
use local processing.  That was behind the rationale when delta was
introduced and made the default.  It was valid then, and it is valid now.
You don't change the default without following the proper process.