btrfs as default filesystem for F22?

Eric Sandeen sandeen at redhat.com
Mon Oct 6 15:52:13 UTC 2014

On 10/6/14 9:26 AM, Josef Bacik wrote:
> Obviously we aren't in xfs/e2fsprogs territory, but it'll fix 90% of
> the problems and then the other 10% are just a matter of having an
> example to work off of.  Thanks,
>
> Josef

Josef, just as a datapoint: after corrupting 32k random bytes on a 2G
image lightly populated and made with default mkfs options, then running
fsck with all of your recent fixes, I got 9 mount failures out of 20
attempts, 55% success.

Running the same test, but w/ 2 devices, each randomly damaged to
the same extent, and created with -m raid1 -d raid0, I get
10 failures out of 20, 50% success.

(Note that this is just a low-bar "will it mount" test, I'm
not looking at what's in the repaired filesystem at all).

What sort of testing yielded your 90% success rate?

Thanks,
-Eric