[pkgdb] Call for beta-testers for group maintainership

Pierre-Yves Chibon pingou at pingoured.fr
Mon Oct 6 16:04:43 UTC 2014

Dear all,

A long desired and awaited feature for pkgdb2 is the possibility to have FAS
groups maintain packages.

The idea is the following:
- You have a FAS group
- People are members of this group
- This group can be given commit or even be made point of contact of packages
  on pkgdb
- If the group has commit, members of the group will have commits (so you don't
  need anymore to ask for ACL in pkgdb, you can just ask to be added in the
  group in FAS).

After some preliminary testing with positive results, I would like to call for
more testers.

Ideally, if we could get a few groups of not too many people (ie: not the
perl-sig group) that would be good. The idea is to make sure that the process
works well and that people in the group are getting the correct notifications
about actions happening on the packages (git commit, bodhi update, koji
builds...) which is of course harder to do on a group that involves many people
and packages.

I put together some instructions on the requirements and steps:
http://pkgdb2.readthedocs.org/en/latest/groups.html

Thanks for your attention,

Best regards,
Pierre
  On behalf of the Fedora Infrastructure team