No more deltarpms by default

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Oct 6 17:25:56 UTC 2014

Am 06.10.2014 um 19:18 schrieb Lukas Zapletal:
>> because it needs to build the complete xz-compressed RPM
>> there was a discussion here not that long ago
>
> Is the XZ the only option for RPMs now? Can't it do it uncompressed? Or
> at least gzip -1.
>
> Or Rich can add new feature to his ultra-blazing-fast multi-core XZ
> decompressor. Compression :-)

the last discussions suggested that the result needs to be *identical*
to the full RPM downloaded for not break signatures

for me the greatest thing about deltarpm is that finally you have a full
RPM in /var/cache/yum and from there can populate your local caching
repo and deploy to the other 10,20,50,100 machines which means finally
you win on both sides: download/traffic and no other machine in the
network needs to touch the internet or know about deltarpms