Dash as default shell

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 22:41:38 UTC 2014

On 6 October 2014 17:28, Miloslav Trmač <mitr at redhat.com> wrote:
> [...]

Fedora is never upstream? Ever? What happened to all the discussions
of remixes in Janurary for a start? And we're not interested in
interoperability with other distros? Because Fedora-land is quite
small compared to the whole picture.

>> and transparency.
>
> Perhaps for changing the #! line; adding yet another programming language to the OS would make it more complex and thus _reduce_ transparency.

Not another programming language, one that is already being used.
Being explicit about it. Why be so resistant to that?

>> Do we
>> encourage people to turn compiler warnings off?
>
> No, but most compiler warnings are useful _for increasing quality noticeable to users of Fedora_.  A warning about use of a bash construct when we are using bash doesn’t help us help users.

Getting dependencies right isn't helpful?

Lastly:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Build_Service
Even the scripts that you might think are solely Fedora specific could
be useful to other people.

--
imalone
http://ibmalone.blogspot.co.uk