btrfs as default filesystem for F22?

Matěj Cepl mcepl at cepl.eu
Mon Oct 6 23:29:21 UTC 2014

On 2014-10-06, 14:30 GMT, Eric Sandeen wrote:
> IOWs, I'd like to see much more than "because it can do snapshots and
> checksums" as the rationale; there are most definitely interesting things
> that btrfs can do (or is working on doing), but as btrfs has evolved, so has
> the rest of the Linux storage ecosystem: DM thin provisioning, xfs and ext4
> metadata checksums, System Storage Manager (SSM) aiming for administration
> ease, etc.

So, would you say that the critical path for achieving Time
Slider is on the GUI side now? I mean what is shown on
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pNh1n3seTg (I don't even know
what language it is), and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdjulcvhhuU (which is Spanish,
I guess). Unfortunately, I cannot find any screencast of this in
English or any other language I could actually comprehend.

Matěj