Updates and AutoQA

Tim Flink tflink at redhat.com
Tue Oct 7 03:04:51 UTC 2014

On Mon, 6 Oct 2014 03:49:26 -0400
Rahul Sundaram <metherid at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I was pushing out updates for deluge for F20 and F19 and when I tried
> to push to stable, AutoQA  figured out what this was breaking the
> upgrade path since I had forgotten to do a push for F21.  So far so
> good however, the message is a bit misleading
>
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2014-11788/deluge-1.3.7-1.fc20
>
> "Automatic push to stable based on karma has been disabled for this
> update due to failure of an AutoQA test."
>
> The push was not automatic.  I was doing it manually.  Moreover after
> I had submitted a F21 build, it wasn't clear from the message that I
> was supposed to revoke the request inorder to resubmit again.

That's a bodhi thing, if you can think of a better way to word that
then please submit a RFE there.

> Also wouldn't it be better to run the autoqa checks when the update
> was being pushed to testing and provide me a quick warning instead of
> waiting til I push to stable?

That's something which has been discussed in the past and it was
decided that running upgradepath on updates-testing was problematic to
the point where it wasn't worth doing.

https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/474
https://lists.fedorahosted.org/pipermail/autoqa-devel/2010-September/001189.html

If there's a sane solution to the problem, it might be possible to start
doing running upgradepath on updates-testing. However, we don't have
any plans to start doing this.

Tim