[pkgdb] Call for beta-testers for group maintainership

Pierre-Yves Chibon pingou at pingoured.fr
Tue Oct 7 11:50:46 UTC 2014

On Mon, Oct 06, 2014 at 04:43:53PM -0400, Rich Mattes wrote:
>    On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 12:04 PM, Pierre-Yves Chibon <pingou at pingoured.fr>
>    wrote:
>
>      Dear all,
>
>      A long desired and awaited feature for pkgdb2 is the possibility to have
>      FAS
>      groups maintain packages.
>
>    Hooray!A  Thanks for this, I'm going to start testing it with the
>    robotics-sig FAS group and some of my packages.

Awesome!

>      I put together some instructions on the requirements and steps:
>      http://pkgdb2.readthedocs.org/en/latest/groups.html
>
>    I followed the above instructions to update the FAS group, but I have a
>    question about one of the requirements.A  The instructions say that the
>    mailing list for the group needs to have a rhbz account.A  As far as I
>    know bugzilla sends a confirmation email during the account creation
>    process.A  This seems kind of iffy when the email address is for a public
>    list: should I just create the account and try to be the first list
>    subscriber to click the confirmation link?A  Or is there another way to
>    create a bugzilla account for SIG mailing lists?

That's a good question. I guess I approached with the idea that the list would
be new as well. So eventually, you would be the only one subscribed to it and
thus the question is simple(r) to answer.
But for the case of an existing list, I wonder if we can do better than what you
describe.
@Kevin any thoughts on this?

Pierre