[pkgdb] Call for beta-testers for group maintainership

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Tue Oct 7 14:43:00 UTC 2014

On Tue, 07 Oct 2014 14:32:42 +0200
Stanislav Ochotnicky <sochotnicky at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Tue 07 Oct 2014 01:50:46 PM CEST Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
> > On Mon, Oct 06, 2014 at 04:43:53PM -0400, Rich Mattes wrote:
> >>    On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 12:04 PM, Pierre-Yves Chibon
> >> <pingou at pingoured.fr> wrote:
> >>
> >>      Dear all,
> >>
> >>      A long desired and awaited feature for pkgdb2 is the
> >> possibility to have FAS
> >>      groups maintain packages.
> >>
> >>    Hooray!A  Thanks for this, I'm going to start testing it with
> >> the robotics-sig FAS group and some of my packages.
> >
> > Awesome!
> >
> >>      I put together some instructions on the requirements and
> >> steps: http://pkgdb2.readthedocs.org/en/latest/groups.html
> >>
> >>    I followed the above instructions to update the FAS group, but
> >> I have a question about one of the requirements.A  The
> >> instructions say that the mailing list for the group needs to have
> >> a rhbz account.A  As far as I know bugzilla sends a confirmation
> >> email during the account creation process.A  This seems kind of
> >> iffy when the email address is for a public list: should I just
> >> create the account and try to be the first list subscriber to
> >> click the confirmation link?A  Or is there another way to create a
> >> bugzilla account for SIG mailing lists?
> >
> > That's a good question. I guess I approached with the idea that the
> > list would be new as well. So eventually, you would be the only one
> > subscribed to it and thus the question is simple(r) to answer.
> > But for the case of an existing list, I wonder if we can do better
> > than what you describe.
> > @Kevin any thoughts on this?
>
> This is normally done by sending an email to
> bugzilla-requests at redhat.com and requesting creation of "pseudo" user
> with email being the mailing list. Of course there would be no real
> control over this pseudo user.

I was thinking we would create a new list for each of these groups.
These lists would be private (because they could contain private bugs
assigned to the group). Then we could also filter on bugzilla password
changes to catch those in moderation, or just let them through to the
list since the list is private and only has on it trusted folks in the
group.

We could ask for pseudo users as well, but I've never done so, so not
sure how long that takes, etc.

kevin