btrfs as default filesystem for F22?

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Wed Oct 8 05:52:23 UTC 2014

Josh Boyer wrote on 07.10.2014 21:15:
> On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 2:24 PM, Josef Bacik <josef at toxicpanda.com> wrote:
> […]
>>> I think the point is somewhat valid though. To just keep repeating the
>>> mantra 'its not ready' is not going to make it any more ready. If suse
>>> can identify a stable subset of btrfs features and use it as their
>>> default file system with those restrictions, why can't we do the same ?
>>> The approach makes sense to me, at least...
>> Because they still have the support staff for when users don't listen,
>> Fedora doesn't.
> As an aside, I looked at their 3.16.2-1.1.gdcee397 kernel-source SRPM.
> I can't find any patches that limit btrfs usage.  I could totally be
> wrong, but if someone knows of a patch that limits the features please
> point me to it.

Due to a coincidence I yesterday took a quick look myself and didn't
spot anything. But in case you haven't looked further: I found one in
the SLE-Kernels:

http://kernel.opensuse.org/cgit/kernel-source/tree/patches.suse/btrfs-8888-add-allow_unsupported-module-parameter.patch?h=SLE11-SP3
http://kernel.opensuse.org/cgit/kernel-source/tree/patches.suse/btrfs-8888-add-allow_unsupported-module-parameter.patch?h=SLE12

HTH

CU
knurd

P.S.: BTW, Jeff Mahoney a year ago posted a small table what btrfs
features they considered supported and unsupported:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.suse.opensuse.devel/52669/
Is anyone aware of a more current table like that? Or Josef, do the
Btrfs developers maintain one somewhere? I'd welcome one.