Summary/Minutes from today's FESCo Meeting (2014-10-08)

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 02:29:32 UTC 2014

Hi

On Wed, Oct 8, 2014 at 10:12 PM, Matthew Miller  wrote:

> See the transcript. I don't think there's any problem with coordinating it
> in Fedora in some way, but we don't want that to be a way that puts a
> burden
> on Fedora packagers unless they're interested. If you're interested in
> having a Fedora page which tracks affected upstreams, that'd be fine

Wiki page is going to be a pain to maintain manually.  How about using
bugzilla to track the issues?  Using proven packager rights to fix the
issues?  I will also volunteer to send any patches upstream.

One of the issues I highlighted in the ticket which apparently wasn't
discussed is

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:ScriptletSnippets#Default_Shell

It is unclear to me whether FESCo considers this guideline something that
can be changed.   To reiterate,  the fundamental question that was placed
before FESCo is whether you consider a derivative or user wanting to change
/bin/sh to point to something else other than /bin/bash worth supporting or
not?

Rahul