[pkgdb] Call for beta-testers for group maintainership

Rich Mattes richmattes at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 23:43:12 UTC 2014

On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 10:43 AM, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 07 Oct 2014 14:32:42 +0200
> Stanislav Ochotnicky <sochotnicky at redhat.com> wrote:

> > > Awesome!

> > > That's a good question. I guess I approached with the idea that the
> > > list would be new as well. So eventually, you would be the only one
> > > subscribed to it and thus the question is simple(r) to answer.
> > > But for the case of an existing list, I wonder if we can do better
> > > than what you describe.
> > > @Kevin any thoughts on this?
> >
> > This is normally done by sending an email to
> > bugzilla-requests at redhat.com and requesting creation of "pseudo" user
> > with email being the mailing list. Of course there would be no real
> > control over this pseudo user.
>
> I was thinking we would create a new list for each of these groups.
> These lists would be private (because they could contain private bugs
> assigned to the group). Then we could also filter on bugzilla password
> changes to catch those in moderation, or just let them through to the
> list since the list is private and only has on it trusted folks in the
> group.
>
> We could ask for pseudo users as well, but I've never done so, so not
> sure how long that takes, etc.

I don't anticipate any issues requiring private bugs given the scope of our
work, so making a new private mailing list doesn't seem too enticing.  It
might be easier to use the public mailing list, and just not assign
watchbugzilla and watchcommits to the pkgdb group.  I will bounce it off of
the robotics sig list, and if we do end up asking for a pseudo user on
bugzilla I'll report back with how long it took and any other issues.

Rich