Meeting minutes from Env-and-Stacks WG meeting (2014-10-14)

Honza Horak hhorak at redhat.com
Tue Oct 14 14:51:12 UTC 2014

#fedora-meeting: Env and Stacks (2014-10-14)

Meeting started by hhorak at 13:02:18 UTC. The full logs are available
at
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2014-10-14/env-and-stacks.2014-10-14-13.02.log.html
.

Meeting summary
---------------
* init process  (hhorak, 13:02:39)

* Docker, Docker, Docker  (hhorak, 13:06:09)
   * LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docker   (ncoghlan, 13:07:26)
   * ACTION: hhorak will create a new task about preparing dockerfiles
     recommended tips  (hhorak, 13:40:28)

* dockerfile_lint  (hhorak, 13:41:03)
   * LINK:

https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/env-and-stacks/2014-October/000565.html
     (ncoghlan, 13:45:20)
   * checks to dockerfile_lint might be done in parallel with defining
     some recommended practices to write dockerfiles  (hhorak, 13:46:20)
   * IDEA: dockerfile_lint could be run in %check section of
     fedora-dockerfiles package; dockerfile_lint does not seem to be
     usable in Taskotron unless we start building layered images in
     Fedora  (hhorak, 13:54:55)
   * taskotron will allow to run some tasks for arbitrary components
     only, but since it does not do it now we should be fine with running
     dockerfile_lint in %check for now  (hhorak, 14:08:35)
   * we should start to think about delivering layered images during some
     of the next meetings (or on ML)  (hhorak, 14:17:23)

* Picking chairman for the next meeting  (hhorak, 14:20:06)

* OpenFloor  (hhorak, 14:21:13)

* standardized macros for bootstrapping packages  (hhorak, 14:46:30)
   * IDEA: packages bootstraps are implemented without any
     standardization, but with some rules at least for RPM macros names
     it might be much more easy to bootstrap packages  (hhorak, 14:46:30)

Meeting ended at 14:50:15 UTC.

Action Items
------------
* hhorak will create a new task about preparing dockerfiles recommended
   tips

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* hhorak
   * hhorak will create a new task about preparing dockerfiles
     recommended tips
* **UNASSIGNED**
   * (none)

People Present (lines said)