[Test-Announce] Taskotron Has Replaced AutoQA

Tim Flink tflink at redhat.com
Wed Oct 15 15:17:20 UTC 2014

On Tue, 14 Oct 2014 21:10:26 +0200
Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek <zbyszek at in.waw.pl> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 04:28:33AM -0400, Martin Krizek wrote:

Thanks for pointing that out, I'll get it updated soon (today if my
freeze break request is approved).

> Also:
>
> """
> taskotron-dev.fedoraproject.org uses an invalid security certificate.
> The certificate is not trusted because no issuer chain was provided.
> The certificate is only valid for taskotron-dev01.qa.fedoraproject.org
> """

That stems from two things: first is that the actual hostname of the
machine responding to http requests doesn't match the public-facing
hostname (this is true of almost all infra hosts). For the self-signed
cert bit, as far as I know, most fedora app dev instances are using
self-signed certs. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me to pay
for a real SSL cert on a dev instance - especially when it would mean
having individual certs on every dev instance (there's no central proxy
for dev).

Both stg and production are using proper SSL certs, though.

Tim