Django-1.7 for Fedora 21

Ryan S. Brown ryansb at redhat.com
Thu Oct 16 13:59:04 UTC 2014

On 10/16/2014 09:32 AM, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> <snip>
>
> There are no Django applications that are part of the install sets of
> any of the Products or Spins so far as I am aware, so the risk to the
> Project deliverable dates would be minimal. I'd suggest bringing it to
> FESCo for a more complete risk-analysis, but I'd argue that we'd be
> better off shipping python-django as 1.7 and also the python-django16
> package in Fedora 21.

+1

Shipping F21 with Django 1.6 as the default will *definitely* have us
kicking ourselves in 6 months. And shipping 1.7 by default will make
lots of Django users/devs happy.

Definitely bring it up to FESCo, but it's probably riskier to be
shipping something that will become unsupported within the release
lifetime than to upgrade to the newer version.