No more deltarpms by default

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Oct 16 15:00:30 UTC 2014

Ian Malone wrote:
> "I have an internet flatrate at 150 mbs, and downloading the full rpms
> is ALOT faster than the the work that the delta rpms requires."
>
> Wow. Good to see normal users are taken into account.

I have a normal Austrian broadband connection, and it is still much faster
to just download the full RPMs than to use delta RPMs.

And parallelization (as others in the thread have suggested) will not help
at all on the single-core machine I'm typing this on.

Thus, I disabled delta RPMs long ago and agree that they should be off by
default.

        Kevin Kofler