No more deltarpms by default

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Fri Oct 17 15:02:21 UTC 2014

On 10/17/2014 04:24 PM, Tom Rivers wrote:
> On 10/17/2014 10:05, drago01 wrote:
>> Because it makes no sense and pushes it to the user. The os (i.e we)
>> should handle that. In that case we should do both 1) have lower
>> bandwith requirements (i.e use deltas) *and* 2) have fast installation
>> of updates. Those two goals are not mutually exclusive. Its just the
>> current implementation that is lacking. So instead of messing with
>> questions during the installation we should just fix that.
>
> If the proper configuration can be determined automagically,
Well a package installer can't have the knowledge which would be
required to determine such a decision.

E.g. though a user could be connected via a fast connection he may have
a limited download contingent or could be charged at a high rate per
download volume.

I.e. I don't see a possibility but to leave the final decision to the user.

Ralf