No more deltarpms by default

Tom Rivers tom at impact-crater.com
Fri Oct 17 18:17:39 UTC 2014

On 10/17/2014 13:19, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> For the last time, my point is that:  "smart" and "stupid" is not
> determined by whether a user understands bandwidth/processor
> considerations.

I completely understand that not comprehending all of the complexities
of bandwidth/processor considerations doesn't make one stupid.  I agree
wholeheartedly with you.  However, you are going off on a tangent again
that really has nothing to do with the point I was trying to make.

I would really like to know how you can equate that with my original
point:  "Hey, maybe instead of throwing Presto under the bus we could
discuss the option of giving users the choice to determine how much
bandwidth/processor resources to throw at system updates instead."  At
least then we wouldn't be throwing out something that significantly
benefits those who DO pay a lot of money and DO have low bandwidth
connections to the Internet.

It's a simple compromise: keep things configured as efficiently as
possible while still allowing those who want to open up the throttle to
do just that.

Tom