Request new package

Haïkel hguemar at fedoraproject.org
Sun Oct 19 13:57:05 UTC 2014

> Hi all,
>
> this may be the wrong list to ask to.
> If so, please let me know which list is more appropriate.

Hi,

since sheepdog is already in Fedora Packages Collection, you should
have contacted David (fas: ke4qqq), its maintainer before. You could
directly email package maintainers through the alias
<package>-owner at fedoraproject.org

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/package/sheepdog/

> I would like the latest stable version of Sheepdog software to be
> present in fedora repository.

Apparently, it's unmaintained for 2 years
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/sheepdog.git/log/

> Sheepdog is a distributed object storage system for volume and
> container services and manages the disks and nodes intelligently.
> Sheepdog features ease of use, simplicity of code and can scale out to
> thousands of nodes.
>
> http://sheepdog.github.io/sheepdog/
> https://github.com/sheepdog/sheepdog/wiki
>
> This software has great potential of use in data centres.
>
> I'm involved in that project but have no time to learn how to create a
> package for Fedora.
> If anybody is interest in collaborating, please contact me.

Since you're involved upstream, are you committed to subscribe/fix
bugs that are reported ? collaborate with a packager ?
If so, you may find a packager willing to help you.

Regards,
H.