man-db without cache update (no cron or systemd *.timer)

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Mon Oct 20 19:08:36 UTC 2014

On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 08:56:19PM +0200, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> But again, I am not sure I understand what is going on here. Is
> systemd now optional in Fedora?

I guess to some degree everything is "optional" in one way or another.
It's certainly the init system we are using. I think the context is in
cases where the packages are used without an init system, systemd or
otherwise — the main case being single-process (or at least
single-parent-process) application containers.

(I'm also looking forward to systemd as a process manager inside e.g.
Docker for more sophisticated multi-process applications which for
whatever reason want to be in the same container, but that's a
different use case.)

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>