Can you help with making fonts awesome in Fedora 21?

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 11:24:42 UTC 2014

On 17 October 2014 10:22, pravin.d.s at gmail.com <pravin.d.s at gmail.com> wrote:
> Will be very helpful if you can add "how to test" information as well. i.e.
> after local install package will appear in gnome-software something in bit
> detail.

You can't actually "preview" metainfo files in the same way as AppData
files; they have to be run through appstream-builder before they are
useful. If you're technically savvy, you can install
appstream-builder, generate some metadata, and then look at the logs,
but the easier way is just to look at my daily rebuilds of rawhide:
https://github.com/hughsie/createrepo_as_logs/

For instance, this is Lato:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/hughsie/createrepo_as_logs/master/l/lato-fonts.log

Richard