top in Rawhide

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Tue Oct 21 13:42:30 UTC 2014

On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 02:33:39PM +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> Anyone worked out how to get top to give a normal (ie. old) display in
> Rawhide?
> The default consumes huge amounts of whitespace with a useless display
> of per-CPU stats, and [not shown] is completely static until you press 'P'.

It doesn't seem to be static for me. (Consider using -d1 or -d0.5 if
you like it to update more frequently.)

In any case, you can get the old display back by pressing 't' several
times to cycle through the options for cpu stats (mnemonic: "task", I
guess) and the same with 'm' for memory info, and then W (for write) to
save the config when you like it.

You an also edit the ~/.toprc manually, but... it's a horrible format
not meant to be consumed by humans.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>