top in Rawhide

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Tue Oct 21 13:57:21 UTC 2014

On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 09:47:45AM -0400, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> FWIW, if you press "1" (numeral one), it collapses all the CPUs to a
> single line covering all of them. I find that quite helpful.

What I really want is one line showing the collapsed view, and a second
line showing me if any of the CPUs are pegged at 100% because of some
crazy runaway process.

Actually, "is there a crazy runaway process or processes making my CPU
fan go full blast, and if so, what are they?" is 95% of what I want
when I look at top.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>