Meeting minutes for Env-and-Stacks WG meeting (2014-10-21)

Honza Horak hhorak at redhat.com
Tue Oct 21 14:44:54 UTC 2014

#fedora-meeting: Env and Stacks (2014-10-21)

Meeting started by hhorak at 13:02:31 UTC. The full logs are available
at
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2014-10-21/env-and-stacks.2014-10-21-13.02.log.html
.

Meeting summary
---------------
* init process  (hhorak, 13:02:48)

* Follow-up -- Docker docs  (hhorak, 13:04:46)
   * ACTION: hhorak will sum up what we agreed the last time on Docker
     doc and will write it on the wiki for someone who picks it  (hhorak,
     13:12:02)

* Integration tests for packages alias Per-component integration tests
   in Fedora  (hhorak, 13:13:33)
   * IDEA: we can divide the complex issue into smaller pieces delivered
     independently -- first have method/rules to keep tests somewhere and
     write them somehow and later solve how to run them automatically in
     proper environment  (hhorak, 13:29:48)
   * IDEA: we might consider not to support only one way to define tests,
     since different use cases need something different and one size does
     not fit all  (hhorak, 13:38:52)
   * various Fedora maintainers use different approaches right now for
     components -- some maintainers keep specs in different branches the
     same and include '%if %fedora' stuff and some prefer different
     content in different branches and rather have clean spec files
     (hhorak, 13:47:09)
   * IDEA: it might be fine if we are able to stay flexible in that
     regard as well with tests and just are able to provide some sane
     recommendation  (hhorak, 13:47:09)
   * IDEA: for software collections -- the tests would just be part of
     the collection  (hhorak, 13:49:20)
   * ACTION: hhorak will send proposal about integration tests to the
     devel list  (hhorak, 13:51:23)
   * IDEA: if we are able to provide the integration tests as real
     upstream projects that other distros could benefit from as well, we
     can start some nice collaboration and benefit all from that (pretty
     challenging idea, but might be worth keep in mind)  (hhorak,
     14:07:29)

* Picking chairman for the next meeting  (hhorak, 14:15:13)
   * hhorak is actually not available the next week..  (hhorak, 14:15:34)
   * let's skip the next week's meeting, since many of use won't be here
     (hhorak, 14:19:40)
   * let's leave picking a new time to ML discussion and try a new
     whenisgood  (hhorak, 14:40:18)
   * ACTION: hhorak will chair the meeting in two weeks..  (hhorak,
     14:41:23)

Meeting ended at 14:43:35 UTC.

Action Items
------------
* hhorak will sum up what we agreed the last time on Docker doc and will
   write it on the wiki for someone who picks it
* hhorak will send proposal about integration tests to the devel list
* hhorak will chair the meeting in two weeks..

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* hhorak
   * hhorak will sum up what we agreed the last time on Docker doc and
     will write it on the wiki for someone who picks it
   * hhorak will send proposal about integration tests to the devel list
   * hhorak will chair the meeting in two weeks..
* **UNASSIGNED**
   * (none)

People Present (lines said)
---------------------------