Broken deps in rawhide (coreutils)

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Tue Oct 21 18:41:58 UTC 2014

On Tue, 21 Oct 2014 19:23:29 +0200
Miroslav Suchy <msuchy at redhat.com> wrote:

> Today I got report that there are failed builds in Copr for rawhide
> chroots. [1]

...snip...

> And there may be even more examples. You can try it yourself by:
> rm -rf /var/lib/mock/fedora-rawhide-x86_64/root/*
> /usr/bin/yum --installroot /var/lib/mock/fedora-rawhide-x86_64/root/
> --releasever rawhide install @buildsys-build
> --setopt=tsflags=nocontexts --nogpgcheck
>
> Few days ago it seemed to work. Does somebody have idea what changed
> recently? Is is because of some change in rpm, yum, something else?
> Why it work in koji [2]?
> Why is pam installed before coreutils even when pam have
> Requires(post): coreutils, /sbin/ldconfig

This is a fun one.

I am pointing the finger right now at icecat. It seems to be providing
all the nss libraries and 'winning' the dependency. It's making all the
buildroots a good deal larger than they need to be, and possibly making
them link to the wrong nss/nspr, etc. ;(

I'm not sure why koji buildroots aren't busted however, unless it's
somehow the hosts yum (in the case of koji, f20 and copr el6) is doing
things differently?

kevin