Looking for xorg-x11-* package co-maintainers

Simone Caronni negativo17 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 10:09:40 UTC 2014

On 22 October 2014 11:25, Hans de Goede <hdegoede at redhat.com> wrote:

> You do not need to be a hardcore X hacker to help here. 2 things
> with which I really could use help is keeping all the various bits
> and pieces up2date with upstream releases, and taking care of
> simple (packaging) bugs were possible.
>
> To give you an idea, currently I've this list of packages which
> still need to be synced with upstream for rawhide and Fedora-21 :
>
>  -xcb-proto 1.11
>  -libxcb 1.11
>  -xrandr 1.4.3
>  -libXfont 1.5.0
>  -twm-1.0.8
>  -imake 1.0.7, gccmakedep 1.0.3 (imake)
>  -libICE 1.0.9
>  -libXft 2.3.2
>  -intel-gpu-tools 1.8
>  -xkeyboard-config 2.13
>  -xcb-util 0.4.0
>
> Note these are the upstream package names, the Fedora package
> names are not always the same. Also in some cases someone else
> may have updated them since I noticed that they were out of date,
> I've not rechecked the list recently.
>
> If you want to help out with maintaining these, please let me
> know!

I'm no hacker, but I can help with packaging. Some packages of those need
also to be put on par with recent packaging guidelines.
What's the policy here? Always have the latest pushed to rawhide and follow
the usual rules for releases in freeze (i.e. no big jumps)?

Regards,
--Simone

--
You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of
the shore (R. W. Emerson).

http://xkcd.com/229/
http://negativo17.org/