Broken deps in rawhide (coreutils)

Jerry James loganjerry at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 18:48:56 UTC 2014

On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 12:41 PM, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:
> I am pointing the finger right now at icecat. It seems to be providing
> all the nss libraries and 'winning' the dependency. It's making all the
> buildroots a good deal larger than they need to be, and possibly making
> them link to the wrong nss/nspr, etc. ;(

The icecat spec file needs something like this:

%global __provides_exclude_from ^%{_libdir}/%{name}-%{version}

And I believe that "Requires: nspr" and "Requires: nss" should be
removed.  If icecat is linked against the system versions of those
libraries, then the dependencies should be generated automatically.
--
Jerry James
http://www.jamezone.org/