Bumping python-requests in f20?

Kalev Lember kalevlember at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 11:15:14 UTC 2014

On 10/23/2014 10:57 PM, Ralph Bean wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 01:16:29PM -0700, Ed Marshall wrote:
>> Is it API-compatible?
>
> Not exactly https://github.com/kennethreitz/requests/blob/master/HISTORY.rst#230-2014-05-16

I would personally say no to updating libraries to incompatible
versions. We already have way too much churn in F20; doing the update
would mean updating and retesting anything that uses python-requests.
And not just testing the packages in Fedora, this could also potentially
break 3rd party programs that people might have written in house.

Maybe just tell the users who were asking for an update to switch to
F21? It's really close now and I know several people who are using it
daily on their main workstations and are very happy with it.

--
Kalev