dnf vs yum

Stanislav Ochotnicky sochotnicky at redhat.com
Fri Oct 24 15:51:16 UTC 2014

On Fri 24 Oct 2014 05:35:00 PM CEST Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 04:56:20PM +0200, Stanislav Ochotnicky wrote:
>> Thought we should really switch to actually use dnf api instead. Things
>> get complicated for us when we want to support EL6 then...Maybe we should
>> just drop EPEL6 support.
>
> "Drop" as in "use yum for that, but dnf for the new versions"? That
> sounds reasonable.

Well reality is f-r is mostly for checking *current* Fedora
guidelines that in some cases apply only to rawhide. If someone is
running f-r on a system from 4 years ago to verify current packaging
guidelines I'd question their knowledge of the guidelines :-)

It's not impossible to do...I just wonder about cost/value proposition
of keeping the support and spending even more time on it.

--
Stanislav Ochotnicky <sochotnicky at redhat.com>
Business System Analyst, Hosted and Shared Services

PGP: 7B087241