Proposal for integration tests infrastructure

Tim Flink tflink at redhat.com
Fri Oct 24 20:22:04 UTC 2014

On Fri, 24 Oct 2014 14:10:23 -0600
Tim Flink <tflink at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday, October 22, 2014 01:43:57 PM you wrote:
> > Fedora lacks integration testing (unit testing done during build is
> > not enough). Taskotron will be able to fill some gaps in the future,
> > so maintainers will be able to set-up various tasks after their
> > component is built. But even before this works we can benefit from
> > having the tests already available (and run them manually if
> > needed).

Bah, I skipped right over this part.

How much interest is there among contributors in having a system for
storing tasks which wouldn't be run or recorded in a central system?
It's an intriguing idea that would have benefits if enough people used
it.

For the folks who would be interested - can you give examples of the
kinds of checks/tasks which you would run in such a setup?

Tim